It is important to keep your estate planning documents updated.
Other estate-planning documents and matters that are handled at Themis Law Group include:
- Living Wills and Life Insurance
- Health Care Surrogates
Changes that may indicate a need to update your estate-planning documents include:
- You were married, remarried, or divorced, since your documents were prepared.
- You have become a parent or grandparent.
- A change in circumstances or the death of someone named in your Will.
- You would like to provide for a charitable organization.
- Your assets are growing and you would like to protect your heirs from thousands of dollars in estate taxes.
- You have started a business.
- You are approaching retirement and will be required to take distributions from your IRA, 401(k), or other qualified plan.
- It has been three or more years since you have reviewed your estate plan.